Monday, December 31, 2007

Grateful for everyone who has touched my life

The goodness of God is manifested in all of creation.

Witnessing a magical sunrise and a majestic sunset give us many reasons why we should bless each day for being able to behold them.

We should be grateful for being alive and well and able to celebrate each moment as passionately and lovingly as the spirit moves us.

Each new day is a gift of life, so we should be thankful for new mornings, a gift of time borrowed to continue living, not just to make meaning of our own life but, more especially, to give meaning to others’.

For this day, I am grateful.

Every person is a work of near-perfection and everyone in our life, whether parent or sibling, husband, wife or beloved, teacher, friend or foe, has a pre-ordained purpose in our existence.

I question not who they are or were to me. They each contributed a feeling, memory or experience that brought me closer to my authentic self, that part of me that is stripped of ego and values only truth, honesty, justice and love.

For their presence that brought happiness and laughter, courage, stability and enlightenment... yes, even challenges and pain, I say thank you.

Grateful for being Pinoy

For the earth I walk on, this country I call home, which is the only one I have...

While the promise of a more exciting and sophisticated lifestyle in a foreign country may seem inviting, I am glad I am a Filipino, proud to be one.

There is no other home for me. Thanks are in order for this land brimming with beauty and warmth, music and culture, history and color. Rising above the Filipino ways that sometimes go to the extremes of politicking, pettiness and envy, Filipinos are still kind, generous and forgiving. So, thank you Philippines.

To celebrate life is not possible with a body plagued with illness, a spirit darkened by evil or a heart burdened with bitterness. Therefore, I value good health, a body responsive to a wellness lifestyle. I nurture a heart that is sustained by unconditional loving and that feeds an inquisitive mind open to the limitlessness of learning and transcendence.

Finally, I am grateful for you who are reading the musings of this soul in search of meaning. Through you, my thoughts and dreams may take root. As Deepak Chopra, MD, says in his book “Ageless Body Timeless Mind,” “From a seed is the promise of a forest.”

I know that if I am able to plant one seed in one heart today, then I will have a veritable forest of wellness in you.

It is said that gratitude should lie in the heart of all for peace to reign. A grateful heart never grows old but gets wiser. It unfolds like the thousand-petalled lotus with the passage of time.

Finally, thanks are in order for the miracles that occur after practicing the art of saying “Thank you, God.”

Truth is, for every thank you spoken, a miracle awaits.

Source: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20071231-109697/Grateful-for-everyone-who-has-touched-my-life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home